​Kaduna Strike: El-Rufai wants to burn down Nigeria, NULGE cries out

Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees, on Wednesday, cried out that the ongoing face-off between workers and the Kaduna State Government is gradually degenerating into a state of anarchy.

NULGE President, Comrade Ambali Olatunji, gave this warning during a meeting between the delegation of the union and a former deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu in Apo Legislative Quarters, Abuja.

He urged Ekweremadu to speak to his colleagues in both chambers of the National Assembly to prevail on Governor Nasir El-Rufai not to “burn down the country” with his actions against Nigerian workers.


”We know that your (Ekweremadu) voice counts in the country. What’s happening in Kaduna may lead to anarchy,” the NULGE president said.

NLC had on Monday begun a warning strike to press home its demand for the reversal of the mass sack of workers in the state.

The strike has paralysed critical sectors of the economy.

Recall that Governor El-Rufai had declared Wabba and other protesters wanted over alleged economic sabotage.

Armed thugs, on Wednesday, also attacked the workers protesting peacefully in Kaduna.

Source: TG news

Zulum Returns from Vacation Prioritizes Security, Teachers, Health Workers Recruitment

Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum has resumed work after 21 days vacation, during which he transmitted power to his deputy, Umar Usman kadafur to act as Governor.

Zulum arrived Maiduguri on Wednesday afternoon.

Addressing thousands top government officials, party leaders and supporters, the governor assured that his administration’s top priority will remain the restoration of peace in the state to enable the revival of mass livelihoods through agricultural and other businesses.

Our correspondent reported that Governor Zulum embarked on a vacation from April 29 to Wednesday May 19, 20121.

Zulum had before his departure, written to Borno State Assembly, requesting that his Deputy, Kadafur be given full constitutional powers to take decisions without recourse to him (Zulum), to which the assembly granted.

Zulum’s request was in compliance with provisions of section 190 (1) of the constitution, his letter to the assembly had noted.

… Hints on teachers, health workers recruitment

Zulum while interacting with journalists also revealed that in the next two years of his tenure, government will focus on the recruitment of more teachers and health workers to address demands of the increasing population in the state.

The Governor said, the recruitment is to provide effective service delivery in the healthcare sector and education.

2023: Dokpesi, Bala Mohammed Gets Northern Youth Leaders Nod for Presidency

By Our Correspondent

In its renewed bid at ensuring a credible candidate emerges as NIgeria’s President in 2023, the Northern Youth Leaders Forum (NYLF) has vowed that money cannot be used in influencing its delegates, hence only High Chief Raymond Dokoesi and Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Mohammed have been endorsed by the forum.

This was expressed in a statement signed by its Zonal Coordinator (North- West), Dr Sadiq Musa, made available to our correspondent on Wednesday May 19, 2021.

“We want to make it clear and in unequivocal terms that the NYLF remains resolute in her determination to ensure that a credible and God-fearing Politician is emerged as our Candidate that must be endorsed and supported towards winning the Presidential election under any political party come 2023.

“This is what we have been doing since 1999 and will continue to do.
To this end, we want to state clearly without mincing words, that the NYLF shortlisted 27 possible Candidates last year.

“These Candidates were screened to 3 by the Political Committee and the NEC finally endorsed 2 out of the 3. These are Governor Bala Mohammed and Chief Aleogho Raymond Dokpesi,” the group said.

It explained that the statement was from the resolution of the forum’s meeting held in Kano on May, 19, 2021.

“The attention of the Northern Youth Leaders Forum (NYLF) Leadership has been drawn to the scheming and political maneuverings by some powerful and influential politicians to cause division amongst our delegates so as to create chaos during our Delegates Conference.

“We are also aware that a powerful retired General has been recruited and commissioned to influence our Secretariat to slot in the name of a sitting Governor who is nursing a Presidential ambition, into the list of persons shortlisted to be considered for endorsement by our Forum for 2023 Presidency during the Delegates Conference,” it added

It stressed that Dokpesi and Bala Mohammed are the only two candidates that should only be considered for endorsement.

“Furthermore, the Secretariat Staff are hereby warned not to present more than these two names for consideration as was the case in 2007,” it warned.

The group pointed out that its National Chairman, Comrade Elliot Afiyo has directed that no other consideration shall be made or entertained during their Delegates Conference and they have all agreed and resolved that this directive must be obeyed and strictly adhered to.

“We would like to reiterate that no amount of intimidation, harassment or inducement in whatever, will make us to change our decision.

“This is our stand point and there is no going back,” the group emphasized.

​Kaduna Strike: NUPENG to begin nationwide strike, warns El-Rufai

Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, on Tuesday, threatened a nationwide strike over the faceoff between the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Kaduna State Government.

NLC earlier had declared a five-day warning strike over the sacking of 4,000 workers by Governor Nasir El-Rufai and other related issues.

Kaduna State Government had on Tuesday declared NLC President, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, and some labour leaders wanted over the effect of the strike on the economy.


El-Rufai later likened the protesters in his state to bandits and vowed that their action would not make his government reverse its decision.

Some protesters were also attacked by hired thugs.

NUPENG National President, Williams Akporeha, said in a statement that the union, which is one of the 46 bodies affiliated with the NLC, is observing the Kaduna situation closely.

He said if the attacks on protesters continue, NUPENG would withdraw its services nationwide.

The NUPENG statement read, “The Leadership of the Union is therefore calling on the Federal Government to immediately call on Kaduna State Governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai to order before his arrogance and power drunk ego further push the situation into horrendous calamity as he has been doing in all issues relating to human lives and wellbeing.

“Consequently, the Union reiterates that no Labour Leaders or workers as the case may be, be harmed, harassed, maimed, humiliated or victimized during this 5-day peaceful protests in the State.
“Our Union is raising this alarm following the very reliable report of the clandestine move of Governor Nasir El-RUfai to hurt and put the lives of NLC President, Comrade Ayuba Wabba and other Labour Leaders to danger in his usual blind egotistical style of running government in the State.

“NUPENG therefore warns that if any harm is inflicted on any of the members of organized Labour, the Leadership of the Union will not hesitate to call on all our members throughout the nation for a total shut down of all our services in the upstream, mid-stream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry.
“In the light of the above, we are therefore putting all NUPENG members nationwide on red alert and may at very short notice of five hours call for a nationwide industrial action if situation arises.

“Our solidarity remains constant for the Union makes us strong.”